What is an unconference I hear you ask?
An unconference is an anti-conference, it takes the most interesting bits of conferences (the hallway chat) and turns that into the entire conference. You turn up with whatever you want to talk about (or ask) and everyone there agrees the schedule. Then whatever happens after that is the unconference.
The rules are fairly simple (lifted from http://scratchpad.wikia.com/wiki/UnConference_'Rules'):
1. The people who come are the best people who could have come.
2. Whatever happens is the only thing that could have happened.
3. It starts when it starts.
4. It's over when it's over.
5. The Law of Two Feet (also known as if the topic doesn't interest you, wander off to one that does).
When is it?
Saturday, 6th February from 11:00 to whenever we want (or we get kicked out at night, whichever comes first).
Where is it?
The Computer Science building, UCD. Helpful signs will be posted on the doors.
What do I need?
Yourself, bring a laptop if you want (for showing off stuff or hacking on things).
Will there be food?
The canteens should be open, 10 and 5 minutes walk from the unconference.
What will happen?
We'll get together in the morning and go over how the unconference will work. Then everyone stands in front of a session board and puts up sessions. Once we've got a schedule we like the unconference starts.